Instructor: Nora Hoffmann
“Nora is a skilled Nonviolent Communication Practitioner. I have watched her fearlessly use it to address, and diffuse, difficult situations time and time again. The insight gained from her counsel has helped me tremendously. Nora is also adept at alchemy. Few have delved as deeply into their practice as she has, and her devotion has resulted in some rather astounding perceptive abilities. I have great respect for her, as a woman and as a devoted healer-at-large.“ - Mark Fernquest
For an introductory video about me and using alchemical methods specifically in regards to money, click here
Serving clients who value balanced living and authentic relationships, I provide training and private consultations in Alchemical Hypnotherapy, Communication and Conflict Resolution, and Holistic Financial Management. You can read about my purpose for bringing shared awareness and humanity to our alchemical transactions via monetary currency here. My students are people who want to learn more about themselves, mostly already themselves practice and provide for others various inner alchemy processes, and are exploring additional methods of self-awareness in order to expand their range of helpful modalities.
I was born and raised in Germany. German thinking is helpful for structuring fluctuating matter, such as money, cars, and soccer balls, and serves well to recognize and understand the elusive movements of the human heart, mind, and soul. My background in the arts of soul care goes back to my early teens. I have been mystically inclined ever since I can remember. Training in music, art, and theater since early childhood provided me with a balanced education of both intellectual as well as artistic pursuits. During German High School (Gymnasium) years, I studied Philosophy, Latin, and Ancient Greek. Due to challenges during childhood and youth, I was forced to embark on a journey of self-discovery by the age of 14. Close observers can distinguish lingering insecurities and fears, common or uncommon ever-present anomalies, before or without ever knowing my inherent psychological makeup.
Before moving to the US, I studied Psychology, Languages, and Anthropology in Freiburg and later at the Freie Universitaet in Berlin, until I moved to sunny and light-filled California in 1999 in order to pursue my passion for spontaneous composition. There my then dark blond hair finally acquired the natural golden highlights I had been coveting since I was a young teenager.
After graduating from the California Institute of the Arts with an MFA in Music Composition, I wanted to balance my creative and intuitive background with solid business skills. I discovered a strong affinity with bookkeeping, and for the time being decided to make it my bread-and-butter profession in order to pursue my independent art with integrity and without financial fear. And so I operated my own independent financial consulting firm since the year 2007.
I'm not sure if my bookkeeping talent emerged from being a music composer, because I'm German and therefore thorough, reliable, and detail-orientated by culture, or because my mother had take care of the administration for my father's painting business and her knowledge had trickled into my blood. Or maybe I was a scribe in ancient times, because the whole accounting system feels very natural, intelligent, and spiritually accurate to me. It all makes sense through the right lens. Like energy in the universe, nothing can really disappear. There is always somewhere money came from, and somewhere it has gone; something that became money, and something new into which money has changed. Nothing is ever lost. And the true meaning and understanding lies in being honest about and in touch with these changes and transmutations.
- Alchemical Hypnotherapy: Alchemical Hypnosis Trainer Training, current; Alchemical Hypnotherapist Certification, June 2015; Professional Hypnotherapist Certification, February 2015; Alchemical Hypnosis Practitioner Certification, 2014, Alchemical Hypnotherapy Institute in Santa Rosa, California
- Nonviolent Communication (NVC): 9 Months Committed Practitioner Training, 2006; 9 Months Leadership Program, 2007; Assistant Trainer for Committed Practitioner Training 2007 and 2008. 9 Months NVC Mediation Training, 2009, through Bay Area Nonviolent Communication (www.baynvc.org)
- Spiritual Dimensions of Healing, 2009, 9 months training in Shamanic Practices with Sylvia Nachlinger, Concord, CA
- Money Coaching: Master Money Coach Certification, 2008, Money Coach Certification, 2004, Money Coaching Institute, CA
- Usui Reiki Master Training, 2002, Sharon Esdale
- Integrative Gestalt Therapy Training, 1996-1999, Integrative Gestalt Training Institute (IGTI) Berlin, German
- MFA, 2004, Music Composition/New Media, California Institute of the Arts
- BA, 2001, Mills College, Liberal Arts majoring in Electronic Music/Composition focused on spontaneous composition and free improvisation on violin. Graduated with Honors, Phi Beta Kappa. www.dragoncatmusic.com
Remarks and testimonials about offerings
Tea leaf reading had been an interest of mine for quite some time and while attending a local retreat there was class being offered. I was expecting the course to be lecture style on how to interpret symbols. I was pleasantly surprised by the instructors approach, she taught us to learn the subtle differences in heart vibration. The heart energy is brought forth in the cup via the leaves, then we learned to ask heartfelt questions and the reader works on sensing the changes in heart vibrations. It was a brilliant way to approach tea leaf reading, and not to mention incredibly effective and loving! The instructor Ms. Nora Hoffmann has discovered a beautiful way of learning about the capabilities of the energy each and everyone of us has within us. Melissa Veeneman, Grand Rapids, Michigan